A penetration test can help determine whether a system is vulnerable to attack, if the defenses were sufficient, and which defenses (if any) the test defeated.
Penetration tests are valuable because they:
- Determine feasibility of a variety of attack vectors
- Identify high-risk vulnerabilities from a combination of lower-risk vulnerabilities
- Identify vulnerabilities that may be difficult or impossible to manually detect
- Assess the magnitude of potential business and operational impacts of successful attacks
- Test the ability of IT to detect and respond to attacks
VIG Media not only has the experience to lock down your network but also to penetrate it exposing potential vulnerabilities. The best case scenario is to determine such perimeter and other weaknesses in a non-malicious fashion.